Adelaide Festival Centre is committed to treating your Personal Information in a safe and respectful way that is consistent with the Information Privacy Principles Instruction of the Department of Premier and Cabinet (20 June 2016) which governs the privacy regulation for government agencies in South Australia. Under that Instruction, Personal Information is defined as:
“…information or an opinion, whether true or not, relating to a natural person or the affairs of a natural person whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.”
This statement outlines:
SECTION 1: When we collect your personal information and data
SECTION 2: How we collect your data
- During Purchase
- Interacting with our sites
SECTION 3: Why we may use your customer data
SECTION 4: Disclosing your Data
SECTION 4: Contact Us
If it’s necessary, we may change our Privacy Statement so please visit this page regularly so that you are up to date with the latest version.
SECTION 1: When we may collect your data:
You may choose to purchase your seat via our website. During the course of this purchase, we may ask you to provide the following personal information:
- Postal Address
- Email Address
. We may also collect personal information from you:
- when you register for a free event
- during your attendance onsite
- When you subscribe to our mailing lists
- In response to our marketing campaigns
- If you subscribe to one of our e-news or create an account to receive marketing material from us, you will also need to provide us with personal information which will then be used to create an account in our system.
- If you visit our website or interact with our Social Media, we may use your information to personalise your online experience and/or enable remarketing functionality.
If for any reason you would like us to make a change to the personal information we hold about you please let us know via the feedback email and Adelaide Festival Centre will replenish, rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data retained by Adelaide Festival Centre in connection with the operation of this Site.
SECTION 2: How we collect your data
During a Purchase:
As a buyer, your personal information is entered at the time of purchase. It is used to create a user account for you so that your information is stored and can be accessed by you or us in the future. We endeavour to hold one account per patron so that all your purchases and preferences are stored in the one secure location.
Interacting with our websites:
When you visit our website, we will create a log in our web server activity which records your computer’s unique IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you visited, the website you came to our site from, which browser you use, which device you used and your geographic location. This information is stored securely within our network environment which is a secure environment.
While purchasing online or if you visit our website or interact with our Social Media, we may store a file in your web browser commonly called a “cookie”. A “cookie” is a small file that is stored in your browser and is used by most websites to make your visit to that site more personalised and relevant. We also use analytics cookies that allow Adelaide Festival Centre to track online activity through its online assets – for example Google Analytics cookies. Cookies are used to assist your visit to our website, for example, cookies enable your browser to save usernames and passwords, to manage your preferences with respect to site content and we may require your browser to accept cookies to provide the full range of our website functionality to you. The way that your browser deals with cookies is configurable by you in your browser settings.
Please note that while there are always risks associated with providing personal data, whether in person, by phone or over the Internet, and no system of technology is completely safe, “tamper” or “hacker-proof”, Adelaide Festival Centre has endeavoured to take appropriate measures to prevent and minimise risks of unauthorised access to, improper use and the inaccuracy of your personal information. Our systems undergo regular auditing and security penetration testing so as to minimise the risk of any possible data breach. In the event of a data breach Adelaide Festival Centre will respond in accordance with the Personal Information Data Breaches guideline published by the Department of Premier and Cabinet of South Australia. A copy of that guideline is available here.
SECTION 3: Why we use your data
Generally speaking, we use your data to provide the best possible service we can provide. In the course of doing business with you, we use your data:
- To process your credit card payments in a manner which is PCI compliant and in compliance with our merchant services agreements
- To respond to feedback or requests for information from you
- To fulfil your order (either via email or post)
- To confirm your attendance to events that you’ve RSVP’d to or registered for
- To list you as a donor on the AFC Foundation Donor register.
Using your information, Adelaide Festival Centre can build a clearer profile of our audiences which helps us to improve our products and services; in this regard your data may be used individually or as part of an aggregated data set which enable us to identify trends within our audience, to segment our audience and identify groups with different requirements and preferences. Adelaide Festival Centre is a statutory authority of the South Australian government. It is our responsibility to ensure that we incur expenditure in an efficient way so as to maximise the value of the funding we receive. From time to time, Adelaide Festival Centre may use your personal data to help us categorise our customer database using third party tools such as MOSAIC demographic profiles. The sole purpose of this categorisation is to better inform our decision-making in expending money to promote products and services and to develop a product offering that we think you will value.
SECTION 4: Disclosing your Data
Once we have collected your data, we may disclose it to other 3rd parties listed below:
- Where we are required by law to disclose your personal information (e.g. law enforcement, public health, auditor-generals department)
- Where we retain a professional advisor, contractor, consultant or other service providers. The engagement itself is covered by Adelaide Festival Centre procurement policy and confidentiality is included as part of our standard agreement for services
- Organisations that supply us with software platforms that enable the processing of your order
- Social media sites and applications including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google
- Any specific parties which we have advised you of at the time we collect your personal information
- Any other parties where we have your consent to do so (express or implied).
SECTION 5: Contact Us
If for any reason you are unhappy about our use of your personal information or you believe we have not acted in accordance with the Privacy Statement above, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will investigate and respond to you. If you would like to view the Customer Data we hold that pertains to you or to request a change or deletion of that data, your request can also be sent via email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to provide photographic evidence of your identity (current driver’s licence or passport).